Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shhhhh..... don't tell

I have a secret.  I like wine.  No, not whine, although I do enough of that also.  Wine.  I like to enjoy a glass or two at night after dinner, when the girls have started to settle and I am finally sitting on the couch.  As a mom, that is accepted.  As an athlete?  Not so much.  I should be eating clean.  I should be forgoing alcohol.  It affects performance.  I can tell.... if I have a glass the night before a hard workout, I certainly can tell a difference.  But it is that whole silly balance thing.  I want to enjoy life.  Enjoying life means that I want to perform to the best of my ability, whether it is running or being mom, or what not.  But it also means enjoying that cookie, or the dinner out, or that glass (or two) of wine in the evening.

So, T- 4 days until my race, and I am enjoying what will probably be my last glass of the week.  After that..... sigh.... I will have to focus on making sure I am hydrated and eating well.  But for now?

CHEERS!  (And yes.... my wine glass has a triathlete symbol of swim, bike, run!)

Tuesday:  Night workout with group.... easy run, 45 min bike, easy run (10 min)

No comments:

Post a Comment