Thursday, April 25, 2013

T-2 Self Talk

GULP!

Only two days away from the race.   I am struggling with eating well. ( Oh chocolate, you evil temptress)   I am having dreams nightly; last night I forgot to bring my tri shorts and top to the race so I was naked underneath the wetsuit and trying to figure out how to bike and race.  I am wiggly and cranky.  In other words..... all looks to be normal!

The hardest part about right now is the self-talk.  It is so easy for me to doubt my abilities.  Will I make the cut-off?  Does the race really count if I am slow?  

I know the negative demons will come out and sit on my shoulder many times during the race itself.  Will I be able to ignore them?  Will I be able to drown them out with positive talk?  My mantra will be "I may be slow, but I am out here doing this"  But even that is somewhat negative.  It is something I really struggle with.  I am going to try writing reminders on my arm for the first time.  Reminders of what inspires me and why I am doing this.  Reminders of people and events that I can dedicate this to.

I will be strong.  I will be focused.  I will have fun.  I will appreciate and honor my body.  And I will look forward to refueling with that double cheeseburger and a beer at the end
!


No comments:

Post a Comment